Monday, July 08, 2013

Kale

I was so hungry today , got pretty peckish a few hours after lunch, decided I'd make some kale chips. All you need is.. KALE (haha, obviously).. , seasoning of your choice.. olive oil or butter (I used butter since there wasn't olive oil at home), and an oven. (Yeah an oven! wow betcha didn't think of that.. ).. heh OH also, I thought I'd add in some alfalfa sprouts cause I loooove my sproutts.. so yes add in whatever else you like.. 






So this took just about 20 mins to prepare and like 5 mins to consume. hehe, yummy in my tummy.. 

Here's some info about kale for you:

What is Kale?

Kale is a leafy green veggie which comes from the same family as Brussel sprouts.

Why kale is good for you:

  1. High in antioxidants
  2. Contains: Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, folic acid & calcium 
  3. Contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
  4. Great for the immune system (immune boosting)
  5. Great anti-inflammatory food

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment