Monday, April 16, 2012

Pure Apple Cider Vinegar

Did you know that apple cider vinegar is good for the body? I didn't really know till I started  reading a recently purchased raw vegetable juice book.. anyways I'm going to summarize and share what I read. 

So here we go:

  • Apple Cider Vinegar which is good for the body should come from WHOLE apples and not just from apple cores or peelings
  • It is good for the body because it contains MALIC acid which.. 
  • Is good for the body because it aids in the digestive process in our bodies, aids in establishing normal menstrual flow, ridding blemishes and even in building of red blood cells.
  • MALIC acid is capable of combining with alkaline elements in the body to produce energy OR be stored in the body as glycogen for future use.


Why is MALIC in bold & caps? Well, that's cause you might confuse it with ACETIC acid (which is another component contained in many OTHER types of vinegar such as white distilled vinegar or wine vinegar ( didn't even know these types existed till I read it in the book haha).

  • ACETIC acid is just horribly bad for the body because it is capable of destroying red blood cells in the body, leading to anaemia (low iron levels), intestinal ulcers and liver cirrhosis (hardening of the liver)
  • Think of it as.. ACETIC=ASS=stupid. So we don't want the stupid acid in our bodies now do we.. or do we? NO. we. don't.
Anyways, so on the day I happened to read about apple cider and it's benefits, I happened to spot it in the pharmacy at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH)! (Had to go to GH for work and my colleague wanted to buy something from the pharmacy and tadaaaa what do I spot before me? APPLE CIDER) I think the universe must be trying to tell me something.... ha ha ha ha ha..............




Then right, I saw another bottle by another brand..




The first bottle is $9.90 while the second is $6.70. They even sell it in little pick me up let's -go- go since- your- on- the- go- bottles.. here, the cider is mixed with honey..



This costs $2 a bottle. I'd rather just go with the unadulterated apple cider (first two above).. Au naturale....... Note to self: begin incorporating apple cider in your diet Alyssa. 

If you plan on incorporating Apple Cider Vinegar in your diet, you (and I) shall start doing so by drinking two teaspoons of it in a glass of water everyday. 

Toodlesssssssss 

No comments:

Post a Comment