Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two examples of DIY Turmeric Face Masks







I recently tried 2 turmeric face masks and I thought they worked well, thought I'd try it out on my brother and my best friend too. The masks we tried are for acne prone skin, the key agent is turmeric.Both the boys have given me their honest comments which I have also included in this post. Enjoy :)



What you will need if you decide to try both masks:



(From right to left)

1) Rose water ($6 from Little India)
2) Turmeric Powder ( $4 from Little India)
3) Sandalwood Powder ($6 from Little India)
4) Yogurt from any supermarket

Keep in mind that you will also need

- 1 bowl & 4 teaspoons



First mask: TURMERIC AND YOGURT

  1. Add in 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of yogurt. Mix well. Reach a slightly thick consistency, such that it is "solid" enough to remain on your skin without dripping off.
  2. Lie down and relax,  wait for about 20-30 mins and wait for the mask to tighten. All three of us ( my brother, best friend and I) felt a slight "biting" and tightening sensation. That's what you should look out for too.
  3. After 25-40 mins, wash off the turmeric, beware of the mess you might make.. and do not be alarmed if your face is slightly yellow in colour. Just proceed on to washing it off with a mild soap. After that, you can use rose water to tone your face and moisturiser .

Second mask: TURMERIC SANDALWOOD AND YOGURT

  1. Add in 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of sandalwood, 2-3 teaspoons of yogurt. Mix well. As mentioned above, mix it such that your end up with a thick consistency.

From here, just repeat steps 2-3 and your done!




What did Ashley think?


He said he felt really refreshed after using the mask. The tightening of the mask actually works and his skin felt pretty smooth once the mask was washed off.

What did Sonu think?



Initially he said the scent of the mask reminded him of cake, haha! Now tell me, how could that ever be a bad thing? :) Once the mask was on, it took him about 8-10 mins before he felt its tightening effect. While he washed off the mask, the hard bits of the mask gave an exfoliating effect which made him feel he had also applied a scrub onto his face. Overall, he said his face feels smoother.

Personally, I feel that both masks worked equally well. If I were to choose between the two, I must say I prefer the mask consisting of turmeric and yogurt only. This is because I did not feel as much of a "biting" sensation on my skin with this mask as compared to the mask with sandalwood. However, I must say that I loved the scent of the mask with sandalwood, it was very calming. Once i washed the mask off my face, it was certainly smoother and more taught.

Try it sometime, it's really easy ONCE you purchase what you need. hehe.


Toodlezzzzz Rainbowzzzzzzzzz :)

2 comments: